This TechLoversWorld will teach you ways to mute or unmute yourself during a Zoom meeting on a computer, phone, or tablet. You’ll also find out how to line up Zoom so your microphone is muted automatically, also as the way to use the Push to speak feature to temporarily unmute your microphone when you want to speak. If you are a Zoom host who must mute the whole meeting, see the way to Mute beat Zoom.
Method 1: Muting and Unmuting Yourself
1. Join or start a Zoom meeting. You can mute and unmute yourself in meetings on any platform, including Windows, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android.
2. Click or tap the microphone icon. You’ll see this within the bottom left corner of your screen—if you do not see it, click or tap the screen to mention the icon row. When the icon is red and features a line through it, your microphone is muted.
3. Click or tap the microphone icon again. If the previous action muted your microphone, this steps unmutes it. You can also notice the section on using the Push to voice feature to temporarily unmute yourself.
You May Like: It’s Official: METHODS TO RESET YOUR APPLE WATCH
Method 2: Muting Your Microphone Automatically
1. Open Zoom on computer, tablet, or phone. If you would like your microphone to be muted once you join meetings, you’ll do this by making a fast change in your settings.
2. Open your Settings. Click the gear icon near the top-right corner of Zoom, if you are on a computer. On a phone or tablet, tap the Settings icon at rock bottom of the screen.
3. Click the Audio/sound (PC/Mac) or Meetings (phone/tablet) menu. Settings for microphone and other choice will appear.
4. Select the option to mute your microphone. Check the box next to “Mute my microphone when joining a meeting, if you are using a computer.” On a phone or tablet, toggle on the “Always mute my microphone” switch.