Are you a creator on YouTube? Then let me share this excellent news with you. Now, you’ll change your YouTube channel name right from your YouTube profile. No more you’ve got to form changes to your Google account to ascertain the name change reflect on your YouTube channel.
Earlier you had to travel to your Google Account settings and alter the name for your YouTube. Now, the entire process has been decentralized. It’s an honest move from YouTube as you don’t need to use one name on various other Google services aside from YouTube. Your YouTube channel name are going to be exclusively used on the video-sharing platform.
Change YouTube channel name from Desktop
- Open YouTube on your desktop browser
- Login to your YouTube channel
- Click on your channel profile picture
- From the menu select YouTube studio
- On the left-hand panel scroll right down to Customization
- Next click on the tab Basic info
- Then tap on the pencil icon beside your YouTube channel name to edit and update it
- Now, you can type the new channel name and then click on Publish
You May Like: It’s Official: HOW TO SIGN UP FOR YOUTUBE TV
Steps to vary the Profile Picture
Earlier you had to vary the profile picture on your Gmail account. After sometimes that might reflect on your YouTube channel. Now, that process has changed and you’ll upload a replacement profile picture for your YouTube profile instantly. Follow the steps below.
- Access your YouTube channel by logging in
- Click on the profile picture and go to YouTube Studio.
- Select Customization from the left-hand side menu
- This time click on the tab Branding
- Click Upload to browse and choose a picture of proper size as allowed by YouTube for the profile picture
- Adjust the location of the image
- Once done click on Publish to place the new profile picture into effect.
The way of changing YouTube Profile Picture and Channel Name through Smartphone.
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone
- Login to your channel
- Tap on your profile picture
- From the menu tap on Your Channel
- Then tap on Edit Channel
- Click on the pencil icon which is by the side of your channel name
- After that you enter and type the new name and tap on OK
- Similarly, to vary the profile picture, tap on it
- Browse for the new image and choose it
- After you decide on the new profile picture, tap on Save
So, that’s all about the new update from YouTube that permits you to vary your YouTube channel name without changing the Google account name.