Do you wish to vary your overly formal name on Facebook to a rather smaller one? You not identify together with your birth name, otherwise you got married and wish a surname change? If you are having problem in changing the user name in Facebook then, this article will help to change your Facebook user name with no any hassle in some required steps.
Moreover, Facebook provides flexibility to a user in how they prefer to display their name. As a result, you’ll use a nickname or maybe put a shortened name as long as you stick with Facebook’s name policy. Interestingly, Facebook clearly specifies that a user should confine mind the subsequent while putting up a name:
- Users must avoid to insert the special characters, punctuation, unwanted capitalization of letters and numbers in the username.
- Users should steer beyond characters from multiple languages in their usernames.
- In username, titles like professional, religious, etc. must not be added in username.
- Words or phrases in suit of a reputation won’t be accepted during a username.
- Lastly, offensive or suggestive words of any kind are prohibited within the username.
Changing Facebook profile name within the Facebook app
Take these steps to form changes to your Facebook name on your smartphone:
- Open the Facebook app and then click on the hamburger icon.
- Within the settings & privacy list, select “Settings.”
- And after that you should click on “Personal Information”.
- Tap on “Name” within the personal information menu.
- Now you can change your Facebook name and then click on “Review Change”.
You May Like: It’s Official: METHOD TO IDENTIFY WHO UNFOLLOWED YOU ON INSTAGRAM
Changing Facebook profile name on the online browser
These steps will assist you change your name. Just remember to stay to Facebook’s rules and not put any special characters within the name box.
- Open Facebook in your browser, click on the highest right corner of the online page and choose “Privacy & Settings.”
- Click on “Settings.”
- Within the General section, click on “Edit” to vary your Facebook name.
- Do the changes as required and after that, click on “Review Changes”.
- Select the way you would like to display the name and click on “Save changes.”
So there you’ve got it, two methods through which you’ll change your Facebook profile name. One thing to notice, you’ll only make changes to your name every two months, so take care while renaming your Facebook profile.