Does your iPhone have a particular name, or does its name just bring to light as “iPhone“?
There are a couple of reasons to form your phone’s name unique. Your iPhone’s name is used in various number of places, including AirDrop, iCloud, your personal hotspot, and when using the Find My app.
How to change the name of your iPhone
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Tap “General,” and then tap “About.”
You May Like: It’s Official: RESET YOUR APPLE WATCH
Tap the iPhone’s present name to change it to something else. Insider
3. Tap “Name,” rename your device and then tap “Done.“
You May Like: It’s Official: BEGINNERS GUIDE TO MEASURE CASINOS
You’ll see the change reflected anywhere your phone’s name is employed. Insider
Note: To assist distinguish your phone from your other Apple devices, you’ll also change the name of your Mac, iPad, and Apple Watch.
When you change the device’s name, the update happens just about instantly. You can immediately see the new name on iCloud, for instance, and you will never run into a drag during which an app or device gets confused trying to find the old name. And you can change the name regularly as you like.
Put the identity of your iPod classic, iPod Nano, or iPod shuffle
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open Finder, on a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15.Find and open iTunes, on a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC.
- Locate your device on your computer.
- Click the name of your device near the top-left.
- Enter the new name for your device, then press Return.