How to Change YouTube Channel Name Without Changing the Google Name
Written by: Blake007
Whether you want to keep your personal and professional lives separate on YouTube or you just want to change your channel name for fun, it’s easy to do. You can change your YouTube channel name without changing your Google account name. Here’s how:
YouTube is changing, and one of the first places you’ll see this change is in your profile. You can now update your channel name without also changing your Google account name.
Why you might want to change your channel name?
There are a few reasons you may want to change your YouTube channel name:
- To better reflect the content of your channel
- To attract new viewers who weren’t aware of your channel before
- To change your name for personal reasons
How to change your Youtube channel name without changing the Google name?
In order to do so, follow the steps given below
- Open YouTube Studio on your browser.
- Scroll down the menu bar and select customization.
- Select Basic Info and tap on the pencil icon to change the name of your channel.
- If you’re using mobile, then tap on your profile picture.
- Click on your channel name and then select edit channel.
- Once there, tap on the pencil icon to change your channel name.
How to change your Google account name
Your Google Account name is the name that you chose when you first created your Google account. It’s usually your first and last name but doesn’t have to be.
In order to change your google account name, do the following:
- In a web browser, go to Google.com
- Sign in to your account.
- Click your profile photo and then click Personal info.
- Click the pencil icon next to the name you want to edit. You’ll see this at the top of your window if you’re using a computer, or underneath your name, if you’re using a mobile device.
- Type your name into the “First” and “Last” boxes at the top of the page, then click Done editing [name].
How to Set up a custom URL for a YouTube channel
It’s pretty simple.
- Log in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left side menu, select the Customization option.
- Click on the “Channel URL” option and then select “Set a custom URL for your channel.”
- You can choose a custom URL based on your channel name, or you can add extra letters or numbers to make your custom URL unique.
- Click “Save.”
and that’s it!
How to change your YouTube account profile picture
It’s easy to change your YouTube account profile picture. Here’s how:
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the cog icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- In the “General” tab, scroll down to “Profile Photo.”
- Click on the “Change” button next to your current profile photo.
- Select a new photo from your computer or choose one of the default photos provided by YouTube.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click on the “Set as Profile Photo” button.
Takeaway: It’s easy to change your YouTube Channel Name
As you can see, it is possible to change your YouTube account channel name without changing your Google account name. Simply follow the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll be able to change your channel name in no time.
One Comment on “How to Change YouTube Channel Name”
Itís nearly impossible to find educated people in this particular subject, but you seem like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks